What is IB PYP?
The International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP) is a nationally recognized educational structure that promotes best practices and educational strategies causing students to become knowledgeable thinkers.
The following are tools the teachers use to support student learning:
- Inquiry Based Learning
- Constructivist Practices
- Reflection and Fostering Autonym
- Transdisciplinary Instruction
- Culminating Tasks and Exhibitions
- Transdisciplinary Theme Based Instruction
- Promotion of Action and Agency
The following are results of students who finish the program:
- Character Development (Focusing on the Learner Profile)
- Global Awareness
- Responsibility as a Global Citizen
- Critical Thinking
- Critical Response