SMART GOALS for Year No. 5 (2022-2023)
- SMART Goal: Students will create voice, choice, and agency by reflecting, self-assessment and establishing self-learning goals.
- Action: Students will use Approach to Learning (ATL) skills and Learners Profile Attributes (LPA) to manage one’s independent learning.
Learning and Teaching:
- SMART Goal: Using the newly written unit of inquiry to design a transdisciplinary curriculum which supports PYP elements.
- Action: Design and implement assessments reflecting new units of inquiry to support scholars' learning.
- SMART Goal: Students will be exposed to different languages to be global thinkers with international mindfulness.
- Action: Grades 1 and 2 will learn Greek and Spanish through FLES and One-Way Dual Language.
- SMART Goal: All members of the school community will create an engaging learning community to support scholars and staff to become global lifelong learners.
- Create a student council (Grades 3 to 6) to support the student’s voice, choice, and agency and for leadership. Provide on-going professional development to support staff’s learning and teaching.
- Provide parents with support through Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) and provide the opportunity to establish school and home connections and scholars’ learning.
Social Emotional Learning (SEL):
- SMART Goal: Using the “7 Mindsets” curriculum (an evidence-based program promotes and develops shifting school culture with positivity), develop Social Emotional Learning (SEL) curriculum to support scholars and staff’s well-being and mindfulness.
- Action: Implement the “7 Mindsets” program for engaging in learning, improvement of attendance, reduce behavior issues, and improve student academic skills with needed professional development.
Program Development Plan (PDP):
- SMART Goal: With collaboration, design a school-wide Program Development Plan connecting the scholars, staff and the learning community.
- Action: Begin to explore the IB Program Development Plan (PDP), support staff with needed professional development.